About The Cottage
Poltor Cottage is perfect for those seeking seclusion but not isolation. It is tucked away down a quiet lane and backs onto farmland. Dating back to the 1800s, the cottage was completely renovated in 2006 and refurbished in 2019. It offers stunning views across the fields adjoining the World Heritage Site and the Grade II listed Austen’s Engine House, built in 1831.
This warm and welcoming cottage has two good sized en-suite double bedrooms (one on the ground floor with shower and an upstairs bedroom with bath/shower). The large kitchen/diner has a fan oven/gas hob, dishwasher, fridge freezer and microwave, and the utility room has a washing machine and tumble dryer. The open plan sitting room and garden room both have beautiful views out to the garden. Wi-fi is available. To the rear, there is an enclosed patio area and lawned garden.
The cottage has its own private entrance and an enclosed gated parking area. Additional parking is available on the adjacent owner’s property.
Pets are welcome.
Towels, including beach towels
Games and DVDs
Welcome pack to include:
- Tea, coffee & sugar
- Fresh free range eggs
- Salt & pepper; mixed herbs (fresh herbs are available from the garden)
- Cooking oil; vinegar
- Tomato sauce; HP sauce; Colman's mustard
- Kitchen roll; aluminium foil; cling film, baking paper
- Washing up liquid; dishwasher tablets; dishcloths
- Toilet rolls
Available on request:
- Cot, including mattress (not bedding). Cot converts to a small bed for child up to aged 4. There is space for the cot in the downstairs bedroom.
There are stairgates at the bottom of the stairs and into the downstairs bedroom.
>> Take a look at the Kitchen & Dining Area